Visit La Mesa Healthcare Center
At La Mesa Healthcare Center, we believe that family and friends play a critical role in our residents’ emotional and physical well-being. But, because of the significant risk posed by COVID-19 and our obligation to follow federal, state, and county health guidelines—keeping you connected with your loved ones has never been more challenging.
To address this challenge, we’ve added new ways to meet such as video chats and window visits. And, we’re committed to facilitating more visitation options while keeping everyone’s safety and well-being our top priority.
OPEN In-Person Visits
In-person visits are now available to all residents except those with suspected or confirmed COVID-19. For the safety of your loved ones and our team members, all visitors must adhere to the infection prevention guidelines below. By visiting on-site, you understand the risk of COVID-19 infection to you and the possibility of infecting others. To schedule an in-person visit, call (619) 465-1313.
For the safety of your loved ones and our team members, all visitors must adhere to the following guidance:
- Indoor visitors must provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 (including a booster dose when eligible) AND provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within one day of visitation for antigen tests or within two days of visitation for PCR tests.
- Outdoor visitors must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within one day of visitation for antigen tests, or within two days of visitation for PCR tests. In the event that a resident is not able to leave their room or otherwise meet with visitors outdoors, visitation may take place indoors, even for visitors who cannot provide vaccine verification or a negative COVID-19 test (in these cases, visits cannot take place in common areas or in the resident’s room if the roommate is present).
- Visitation is limited to two guests at a time and 30 minutes per visit, per day.
- Visitors will be screened for fever, COVID-19 symptoms, and COVID-19 exposure risk.
- Visitors and residents must wear facial coverings and maintain good hand hygiene.
- Visitors must go directly to and from the designated visitation area.
- Children under the age of 13 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Visitors must follow social distancing guidelines and maintain at least 6 feet distance from those not in their household.
- Visits between fully vaccinated residents and fully vaccinated visitors may occur without face masks and include physical contact. Please provide proof of vaccination and check with staff prior to unmasking and physical contact.
- Outdoor visitation can occur when the regional Air Quality Index (AQI) is 100 or less (moderate).
- Visitors who are unable to adhere to COVID-19 infection prevention guidelines will not be permitted to visit or will be asked to leave.
*In-person visits may be subject to change or cancellation due to federal, state, or county policy changes, COVID-19 status changes, weather conditions, and/or availability of resident/staff.
OPEN Indoor Visits for Compassionate Care
Indoor visits for compassionate care situations, such as end of life, are available when pre-approved by administration. For more information or to request approval, please call (619) 465-1313.
Please note that all policies are subject to change and visits may be subject to cancellation due to rapidly changing governmental guidance, COVID-19 status changes, staff availability, weather conditions, poor air quality, or other unforeseen circumstances.